What patients' and their families complain about most is...
- Cultural differences/language barriers
- Lack of caregiver training
- Caregivers who are not punctual
- Inconsistent quality of care due to multiple caregivers
- Caregivers spending too much time on their phones
Communication problems Between the patient or the patient's' family and the caregiver/agency is probably the most common problem.
You normally hire home health care because your loved one is not able to adequately take care of themselves on their own. For many day-to-day activities, it is up to the caregiver and the family to have good communication, so they know what has to be done. It can be especially difficult when you are working with multiple caregivers at a time.
Try keeping a journal or book of expectations handy. Keep medications and emergency numbers in the book as well that each caregiver fills out and is read by everyone involved. Another really useful tip is to use the Google translation app. It works wonders when you are trying to communicate with someone who speaks a different language or who's accent is so strong you can't make out what they are saying.
We take pride in only referring the best companies for our Concierge Service. Feel free to reach out to learn more about the Senior Estate Concierge. 713-401-9750 or visit our website SeniorEstateConcierge.com
- Senior Estate Concierge Show with Fauska Bashabe from Advanced Healthcare Practice - August 2, 2022
- Increase YourPositive Mental Well-BeingNATURALLY! - July 17, 2022
- Learning About Elder Law - July 5, 2022
Leave a Reply